PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community

+3
Relyt
SageDakota
sakurastardreams
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community Empty The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community

Post  sakurastardreams Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:18 am

Okay. As people are slowly (not really) finding out, YouTube is getting rid of the community. It started with Andrew's account, XAndrewwilsonX, that was completely suspended from YouTube about a year ago. Now, we've lost Tyson's channel, Narufreak2, and many other people are getting strikes (Seth (liekmudkipz111), Sanna (sannaCollier), Jamal (PokemonMasterJamal3), just to name a few). We've all taken precaution before and set up back-up channels to go against this; however, it may not be enough.

I don't want to cause alarm or make anyone panic; however, we have to think about what we are going to do in the future should the event occur that YouTube does wipe us off the site. I ask if anyone has suggestions of places we can maybe move on to, in the case that we no longer can call YouTube our home for videos.

This is a serious matter especially with how rapidly people's videos are being attacked right now. We still have to be calm about it. Panicking will only give YouTube all the more pleasure out of this. So... does anyone have any suggestions for a place to move? Or a plan of action to take?

I have a suggestion myself:
Once we find another video site, we all have our own threads about our series. We can post the links of our episodes in our threads and that way, people can still be updated when a new video is out for your series. It won't be like YouTube with the whole subscribers deal, but at least you can still continue making the series you all enjoy, right? Just a suggestion.

If anyone else has any, please feel free to add on.
sakurastardreams
sakurastardreams
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community Empty Re: The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community

Post  SageDakota Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:04 am

A few of us discussed this last night, and uploading to facebook and romhacktube are out of the picture, so our best bet would probably be to pay to make our own video hosting website, just for this community. Where we would get the money to do that, I'm not sure but that would be my suggestion.
SageDakota
SageDakota

Back to top Go down

The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community Empty Re: The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community

Post  Relyt Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:21 am

While the idea sounds good on paper, it's going to take a lot of work to make it work. D:

Why, oh why, must Youtube be filled with money grubbing assholes? *grabs bazooka and hunts down YT owners*
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  SageDakota Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 am

It shouldn't take too much work. The only problem is the money, the rest shouldn't be too hard.
SageDakota
SageDakota

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

The thing is, if we create our own site, and allow the use of copyrighted songs, Sony, for example, can sue us for allowing those songs being used.

Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd suggest Dailymotion.. Its the second most popular video site after Youtube, not owned by Google, not strict on copyright, and free to use as well! That's a triple plus right there. But then again the only problem I would have would be if the viewers would be willing to switch over to dailymotion as well, and such. We'd lose alot of viewers and fans who don't keep up with the news, and on top of that we'd gain new ones. Risks everywhere but I'd say its a solid choice XR
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:45 pm

For sound tracks maybe we could learn to make our own music for that like Dakota did for Kojiro's Theme maybe if the hacking community works together we can make a hacking sound track its only an idea not sure if its a good one or not but for openings we could use fan dubs or the hackers could sing it them selfs (not me my voice sucks people who can sing can).

sorry if this idea sucks
Daniel
Daniel
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/thewingedboy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:44 pm

@Sasab: Don't they have a way to prevent people from using copyrighted music? Maybe I'm wrong, but if what you're saying is true, then Dailymotion could be the best option.

@Daniel: Honestly, I'm not keen on creating my own music. Most of the music I've seen created through a music program has been techno sounding, which I'm rarely a fan of.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

can you tell me the program I want to give it a try
Daniel
Daniel
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:55 am

I remember there was a forum about the death of hacking last year. I think that if we keep working based on Youtube, we could still keep some of our stuff with our backups. However, it would be very useful if we had a whole backup SITE for our hacks, just in case youtube decides to wipe us all out. I know plenty of people who can help create sites, but as for videos... I'll look into that a little more...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi I'm Zach Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:53 am

If only one of us had the ability to get so much money.. We would also need enough money to pay for the server every (month?), but yeah the best choice is to make our own website.
Hi I'm Zach
Hi I'm Zach
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/user/GracefulEclipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

Again, the downside to our own site is that WE could be sued if we allow videos with copyrighted music onto the site, and that is if we're requested to take the videos down by a company, like Sony.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi I'm Zach Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 am

We never win do we? Glare
Hi I'm Zach
Hi I'm Zach
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/user/GracefulEclipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 am

Sadly, nope.

The only alternatives I can think of/know of are:
  • Using an alternate website (I.E. Dailymotion)[
  • Changing the pitch of the music we use
  • Creating our own music

Who knows, maybe YT is doing this because that new law about copyright may pass, but, if it blows over, then we are in the clear.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I am new didn't even start hacking yet but I don't want this community to go away how bout a website where people could donate, like on free webs sign a petition with a million people. I am a very idea person.
Boycott. Tell everyone about a relvoltion?

Last edited by Newbie on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a new ideas.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Newbie wrote:I am new didn't even start hacking yet but I don't want this community to go away how bout a website where people could donate, like on free webs sign a petition with a million people. I am a very idea person.
Boycott. Tell everyone about a relvoltion?

First off, the community won't die. XD

Secondly, donations and petitions won't work. We won't have anything that requires donations, and only two thousand to three thousand people actually watch our hacks. While everyone counts, it won't be enough for a petition.

As for the boycott, it won't hurt Youtube either.

And as for the revolution... getting a little drastic, don't ya think? XD
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community Empty Reply with quote Re: The Safety of the Entire Hacking Community

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:42 am

yes it is. Its good news but its more people getting banned then usually, but everyone has back-ups, so your right it will be safe.

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:31 am

I hope I'm not posting on a long ago post... My idea is that, since we already started making our own music, we could just use a free website site, or...Sorry if we can't use caps...

MAKE OUR OWN HACKING MUSIC ETC. THINGY COMPANY!

So we won't get copyrighted and if we want make music together and share it between the makers and the rest of the community or friends.
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:37 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:I hope I'm not posting on a long ago post... My idea is that, since we already started making our own music, we could just use a free website site, or...Sorry if we can't use caps...

MAKE OUR OWN HACKING MUSIC ETC. THINGY COMPANY!

So we won't get copyrighted and if we want make music together and share it between the makers and the rest of the community or friends.

Actually, that's a great idea! Have all the hackers who can make their own music do so, pool together our resources, and create your own databases with your own music! Plus, I also realized something else. Youtube's scanners check for pitch. changing the speed of a song isn't enough; either the pitch has to change, or the instruments have to change. If someone were willing to remix their favorite music form scratch, with different instruments, youtube wouldn't be able to do anything about that! If it's done from scratch, the scanners can't detect that either!

Speaking of which, Gold just announced that he's moving to blip...anyone else planning on doing the same, or are you gonna fight it out on youtube instead? Personally, I'm not leaving youtube until both my accounts get terminated! (No offense to Gold, I just hope this doesn't hurt you in the long run.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm only going to Blip.Tv for Gold's hacks, and that is it. That site is a pain to navigate.

Me? I'm working on my own music as well. I also helped get Tyson into it as well. Very Happy

I'm trying to remember who all is making music... Sakura, Tyson, SSM, Daniel, Tim, Ink, and myself. That's all I can remember, sadly.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 am

Well, I don't mind making my own music. I just don't have a program to do it with yet. XD I'll get one soon, though. Plus, I might just remake some of my favorite songs, instead of trying to come up with brand new ones from scratch. You know, there's some songs you just like too much to change the pitch...and for those, I'd change the instruments and remake the songs by hand. A personalized version! It'd be cool Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 am

Avi Hoshikage wrote:Well, I don't mind making my own music. I just don't have a program to do it with yet. XD I'll get one soon, though. Plus, I might just remake some of my favorite songs, instead of trying to come up with brand new ones from scratch. You know, there's some songs you just like too much to change the pitch...and for those, I'd change the instruments and remake the songs by hand. A personalized version! It'd be cool Smile

There is one program that most people are using. It kind of requires knowing how to read sheet music, though. ^^;
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:34 am

Hey now, I have musical experience *pout* I just haven't used it in years. Gonna have to play with it to remember how to read it XD Besides, you don't really need to know how to read it. You can teach yourself if you play with it long enough. You know, put a note on this line and listen to the sound, wrong sound, go higher, go lower...it's not all that hard, really. But regardless. I'm planning on getting Magix Music Maker soon, heard it's a good program...audacity's nice, but you can only alter the music you already have. You can't make new music with it...say, anybody else use MMM? I've heard it's good, but does anybody here know more about it? I'd rather not buy it before hearing some opinions about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:36 am

I won't be making any music for a while but I need to get better at it first then I will start again
Daniel
Daniel
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am

Meh, the program I use is preferred since you can make custom sounds and you don't have to rely on .MIDIs as much.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next