PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I know how to avoid copyright

3 posters

Go down

I think I know how to avoid copyright Empty I think I know how to avoid copyright

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 am

*sigh* Okay, so I'm technically not a hacker, but I am a fan of many hackers here. Hope you guys don't mind; if you do, I can leave the forums. Before I go, though, I'd like to just put this out to everyone who's been getting strikes, because I hate copyright nazi attacks as much as you do. I could've just told you guys on Youtube, but they already scan our videos, and maybe our comments too. I don't want to risk them finding out and creating a safety block for this.

Because one of my videos kept getting attacked by WMG, I started doing pitch tests on the music to see if I could fool the scanners. You guys can fool the scanners if you change the pitch enough; 5% isn't enough, though. 5% is enough to keep it from recognizing the songs, but not copyrighted material. If you want to stop the scanners, the threshold is at a 9% pitch change. I suggest taking the music that's getting copyrighted and making 10% pitch changes for them. I made altered-pitch copies for all the music that got copyrighted.

It worked for my video, and if you guys know WMG, their scanners are the hardest to trick. Youtube uses scanners for all the copyrighted stuff nowadays; this should keep the targeted videos safe, if only until they find out and "fix the problem." Let's try to prevent that and not talk about it on Youtube, okay? Plus, that much of a pitch change makes it harder to recognize the song, so this might help stop "copyright nazi" trolls, too. I hope this helps, and maybe this'll protect you guys from strikes for a little longer. This is Avi Hoshikage, signing out. Let me know if you want me off the forums...

Back to top Go down

I think I know how to avoid copyright Empty Re: I think I know how to avoid copyright

Post  SilverShiningMoon Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok, well that's a good idea....But how do we change the pitch? Vegas? How? XD Well again..Welcome! And remember fans and hackers we're all allowed here. And no this ain't spam! XD
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

I think I know how to avoid copyright Empty Re: I think I know how to avoid copyright

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 am

Thank God! And yeah, if you have Vegas, the pitch change is really quick and simple. I don't use Vegas, however; I've got the cheap ol' WMM to work with XD So what I did is download the Audacity Program and use the pitch change function on that. Keep in mind that changing the speed or tempo isn't enough; it's the pitch that has to change. Even if it's twice as fast, the scanners will still find it.

So what I did was take all the music I knew would get copyrighted...and made copies of them in Audacity, one with a +10% pitch change, and one with a -10% pitch change. I made one lower pitched and one higher pitched, because the change is enough to affect the "mood" of the music, and it'll probably change how you use it, too. Keep that in mind, and youtube should back off of us...at least, until they catch on to what we're doing XD Don't talk about it on Youtube though! Don't make it easy for them, guys! Okay? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:30 am

Avii, im trying to do a pitch change currently, but im using Sony Vegas. I've found out many ways of changing the pitch, but none exactly specify it in percents, so im confused as to how to do it because i don't want to screw up the song if i do it incorrectly.

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 am

Tyson, try using Audicity. or actually if you can just guess. :\
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

Post  SageDakota Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:02 am

Narufreak2 wrote:Avii, im trying to do a pitch change currently, but im using Sony Vegas. I've found out many ways of changing the pitch, but none exactly specify it in percents, so im confused as to how to do it because i don't want to screw up the song if i do it incorrectly.

I just press "+" or "-" to change the pitch in Sony Vegas.

Last edited by KingDakota on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
SageDakota
SageDakota

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:19 am

KingDakota wrote:
Narufreak2 wrote:Avii, im trying to do a pitch change currently, but im using Sony Vegas. I've found out many ways of changing the pitch, but none exactly specify it in percents, so im confused as to how to do it because i don't want to screw up the song if i do it incorrectly.

I just press "+" or "-" to change the pitch.

Gold mentioned something similar recently; he said that Vegas does pitch changes in increments of 5%. So, if you tap the + or - button twice, you should be fine XD And, if you're still not sure, just get Audacity. It may be cheap, but it'll get the job done ;D

I just got an update on The Trick that I thought I should mention here...there's something I forgot to mention before, and I think it's making a few of us paranoid.

My video has been protected by The Trick. It worked perfectly, and none of the scanners can act against it. However, it did not go completely unnoticed. The scanners are still on my video; they just can't DO anything about it. It knows there's SOMETHING there, something copyrighted, but it can't tell what it is, or even who made it. So, even though the scanners noticed, I'm still completely safe, and if anybody else had this happen, you should be perfectly fine as well.

Why is this happening? I've got a couple of theories. The first is that I didn't Trick the entire audio track in my video, just the copyrighted parts. With sfx in the background, I probably missed a few seconds of the copyrighted songs...enough for the scanners to notice, but not enough to actually act against my video.

That's the first theory. The second is kinda conspiracy-ish, if you will...*shifty eyed* I'm starting to think the scanners are rigged to watch "troublemaker" videos. Why? When I put up the sound tests on youtube, I found the threshold for audio detection, and at 9% pitch change, the scanners could no longer protest. However, when I did the same thing on my video, which had already gotten me a strike, I got the scanners eyeing it like a hawk. They haven't FOUND anything, of course; they're just watching my video anyway!...Ha! Too bad I don't get more views out of it! XD

I honestly think that either 1: I missed enough of the audio for the scanners to notice, or 2: They have a blacklist that watches videos that got strikes in the past! This also explains why my video was not so quickly attacked when I first uploaded it. It got muted after a couple of days, and when I tried to reupload it, it was muted again imediately. What changed? My video was on the blacklist at that point! Makes sense, right? Well, they can take their scanners to hell with them for all I care; they may be watching my video like a hawk, but after over 3 weeks of being back on youtube without trouble, I'm quite confident that they're not going to find a damn thing wrong with it! I tricked the scanners!

Last edited by xXtyking1224Xx on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merging posts)

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 pm

While the theories are interesting, I'm going to have to ask you to not double post again. ^^;

Next time, may you edit the existing post to add the message?

I know this may seem troublesome, but it's the rules, sorry. ^^;

Also, I'm afraid to say that this also counts as a warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, as for the theories, the thought of blacklisted videos certainly is a new one. It never once crossed my mind.

Heh, guess creating OSTs is looking to be an option that bypasses another problem IF this blacklist theory ends up being proven.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:02 am

Oh, whoops! Surprised Okay, that's what the thing meant about "double posting." I'll keep that in mind. Sorry, folks >.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 am

So, I talked to Jamal, and, since the double post was essentially an update, your warning is revoked.

This was the first time this happened in a non-series related thread, so I didn't know what the policy was. ^^;

Anyway, you have no warnings now. Very Happy
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 am

Ohh...okay Very Happy Well, I'll admit I was just throwing the blacklist theory out there; I don't have any real proof yet. It WOULD explain, however, why my video was immediately muted when I reuploaded it. The first time I uploaded it, it went ignored by the scanners for...how long was it...between half a day and two days...then it got muted. I try taking it down and putting it back up, hoping it would remove the muting. Nope! It got immediately muted again. What changed?

...Either that, or the data was kept on the site, which means that everything posted on youtube is logged away, regardless of whether or not it's taken down. That means that, when it's reposted, it's like it was never gone because the data is brought back out. So the muting they slapped on my video was literally kept "in the back," in case my video was reuploaded...

...Wait a minute!!! That's basically the exact same thing as the blacklist theory! O_O Wow, the more I think about it, the more plausible it sounds! ...Well, I'll admit I don't have much for proof, but considering what happened with my video, it makes sense, doesn't it? >.>

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down