Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:22 pm

General Rules and Clauses:

- Double elimination.

- All sets are Best of 3. For Grand Finals, the winner of Losers' Finals must win 2 sets, while the winner of Winners' Finals only has to win one. Team changing during a set is allowed.

- BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR LOGS AND SEND THEM TO ME! I will be uploading tournament battles on my YouTube account, which is: www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

- ALL UNRELEASED DREAM WORLD POKEMON ARE BANNED! For a complete list of currently released Dream World Pokemon, see this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454925

- Species Clause: The use of more than one of the same Pokémon is forbidden. Pokémon that evolve from the same Pokémon but are not an evolution of each other are exempted. For example, the use of Gorebyss and Huntail is allowed, but the use of Gorebyss and Gorebyss or Clamperl and Clamperl in one team is not. If the Pokémon has many different formes that are very different from each other, such as Wormadam or Rotom, they are still limited by species clause as they share the same Pokédex number (and are thus still of the same Pokémon species).

- Sleep Clause: You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.

The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokemon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep.
A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other pokemon be fainted).
A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.
Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause. The ability Effect Spore is also exempted.

- Evasion Clause: The use of evasion boosting moves like Double Team or Minimize, or hold items like Brightpowder or Lax Incense, is forbidden. Similar moves which instead decrease the opposing Pokémon's accuracy, such as Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap, Mirror Shot and Mud Bomb, are allowed. Acupressure, Metronome, and the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can increase the user's evasion, but still does not fall under this clause.

- OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

- Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.

- WiFi Battle: WiFi Battle MUST BE ON at all times.

Ban List:

Items
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
All Unreleased Dream World Pokemon
Arceus-Bug
Arceus-Dark
Arceus-Dragon
Arceus-Electric
Arceus-Fighting
Arceus-Fire
Arceus-Flying
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Grass
Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ice
Arceus-Normal
Arceus-Poison
Arceus-Psychic
Arceus-Rock
Arceus-Steel
Arceus-Water
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Excadrill
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-B
Kyurem-W
Latias w/ Soul Dew
Latios w/ Soul Dew
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Thundurus
Zekrom

SIGN-UP PAGE: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/7jkjyiw6t7

You MUST sign up if you want to be in the bracket.

NOTE: Don't bother asking me about the time. I'll figure it out when I get there.


Last edited by HitoshirezuJamal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 23
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Signed up. Looking forward to this tourney. Very Happy
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  sakurastardreams on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:51 pm

I'll sign up, but no guarantee I"ll make it. I have a final film project due during the week after. :/

_________________
"I will wait for you no matter what. I will do as much as I can. Just promise me you'll come home! Until then, I will be waiting, always."

-Sakura




Sakurastardreams
avatar
sakurastardreams
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-12-07
Age : 24
Location : Uh...I forgot where the island is located XD

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  RainaOkami on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 am

Won't be able to make it sadly. My internet on my laptop decided to go out at the worst time and I can't seem to reconnect it either. That and I'm going to the mall with some friends Saturday. D:

RainaOkami
Champion
Champion

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-05-08
Age : 24
Location : Cheese state

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 pm

So this pretty much confirms that Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem are not banned? Well, hello base 170 attack and special attack.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Silver Kitsuren wrote:So this pretty much confirms that Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem are not banned? Well, hello base 170 attack and special attack.

Personally, I say we should hold off on the BW2 stuff until after we get some info on Smogon... that, and judging by these threads on Smogon, those two are going to Ubers either way.

This is Jamal's tourney, though, so it's his call, not mine.

EDIT: Found out Pokémon Showdown has made the new Kyurem forms Uber while Smogon still hasn't decided. With that being said, those two are the only Pokémon added to Ubers.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 am

I'm keeping the 2 new Kyurem formes legal until Smogon officially decides otherwise.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468646

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 23
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:57 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Silver Kitsuren wrote:So this pretty much confirms that Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem are not banned? Well, hello base 170 attack and special attack.

Personally, I say we should hold off on the BW2 stuff until after we get some info on Smogon... that, and judging by these threads on Smogon, those two are going to Ubers either way.

This is Jamal's tourney, though, so it's his call, not mine.

EDIT: Found out Pokémon Showdown has made the new Kyurem forms Uber while Smogon still hasn't decided. With that being said, those two are the only Pokémon added to Ubers.

Well truth be told I think we should go with the BW2 stuff. It offers Pokémon that where illegal in BW usable (Hello Keldo and Melloetta or however you spell her name.) and the new forms seems to be something that people want to mess with. Make new strategies and all in all, makes the game fresh with some of the new forms and what not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 am

HitoshirezuJamal wrote:I'm keeping the 2 new Kyurem formes legal until Smogon officially decides otherwise.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468646

If I may, I would suggest that keeping them banned would be a better option. Because people will abuse the **** out of it in this tourny. But it's your tourny, you call the shots.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 am

Silver Kitsuren wrote:
HitoshirezuJamal wrote:I'm keeping the 2 new Kyurem formes legal until Smogon officially decides otherwise.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468646

If I may, I would suggest that keeping them banned would be a better option. Because people will abuse the **** out of it in this tourny. But it's your tourny, you call the shots.

This.

And, if it's any consolation, the guy that made PS is also a Super Mod on Smogon, and since he banned them in PS and that's where a LOT of discussion in both the OU and Uber boards are hinting at.

As for the BW2, I am a little bit wary of letting it in because of the Kyurem forms.

A Specs Draco Meteor from Kyurem-W has quite literally no safe switch-ins. Hell, Palkia is one of the few Pokémon said to check it. As for Kyurem-B, he's not as bad, but I heard he is still too much for OU. If they get banned, then I'd be glad to play BW2 style. Judging from what I've seen, the metagame for it looks fun.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 am

Making this a double post real quick just to make sure this is seen, I'll edit it in afterwards.

Okay, so, with the new BW2 metagame, I just realized... not everyone is gonna have the new PO.

So, friendly reminder, if you want to use BW2 'mons, you need to get PO version 1.060.

And for anyone needing the download link...

Here.

That is all.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:32 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Silver Kitsuren wrote:
HitoshirezuJamal wrote:I'm keeping the 2 new Kyurem formes legal until Smogon officially decides otherwise.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468646

If I may, I would suggest that keeping them banned would be a better option. Because people will abuse the **** out of it in this tourny. But it's your tourny, you call the shots.

This.

And, if it's any consolation, the guy that made PS is also a Super Mod on Smogon, and since he banned them in PS and that's where a LOT of discussion in both the OU and Uber boards are hinting at.

As for the BW2, I am a little bit wary of letting it in because of the Kyurem forms.

A Specs Draco Meteor from Kyurem-W has quite literally no safe switch-ins. Hell, Palkia is one of the few Pokémon said to check it. As for Kyurem-B, he's not as bad, but I heard he is still too much for OU. If they get banned, then I'd be glad to play BW2 style. Judging from what I've seen, the metagame for it looks fun.

Exactly. So I would like to say if it isn't any problems, ban those two. Or else... you know... everyone uses them. But I will most likely join this tourny tomorrow.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 am

Yeah, outside of the Kyurems, the only other thing I can see be a nuisance for some was figuring out which new DW abilities were released since Smogon hasn't updated that.

Heck, I was testing MoxieCross out earlier, and I triple checked just to see if the ability was released. XD

Outside of that, I think that this tournament can go BW2 style easily. Very Happy
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 am

And then I shall join... I have to practice with Poyo tonight though. I haven't touched Pokemon since March or so. xD

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:48 am

Silver Kitsuren wrote:And then I shall join... I have to practice with Poyo tonight though. I haven't touched Pokemon since March or so. xD

Good luck with the training, then. thumbs up
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:26 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Silver Kitsuren wrote:And then I shall join... I have to practice with Poyo tonight though. I haven't touched Pokemon since March or so. xD

Good luck with the training, then. thumbs up


Thanks man!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Sasab on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 pm

THIS IS A NOTICE FOR EVERYBODY. If you want to use BW2 newest forms then beware because MOST (meaning almost every single on I have tested other than some of the popular ones) DON'T have BW2 forms updated, they actually put a Missingno in its place. Its either banned (it doesn't say so though o.o) or not updated XR So if a majority uses BW2 formes then sadly we're gonna have to use the PO or Smogon server to battle or just have to make do without using them And to Silver Kitsuren... I can't help but notice you put your from NYC... ME TOO Very Happy.. Ahem that is all.
avatar
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : The Big Giant Apple

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 am

Sasab wrote:THIS IS A NOTICE FOR EVERYBODY. If you want to use BW2 newest forms then beware because MOST (meaning almost every single on I have tested other than some of the popular ones) DON'T have BW2 forms updated, they actually put a Missingno in its place. Its either banned (it doesn't say so though o.o) or not updated XR So if a majority uses BW2 formes then sadly we're gonna have to use the PO or Smogon server to battle or just have to make do without using them And to Silver Kitsuren... I can't help but notice you put your from NYC... ME TOO Very Happy.. Ahem that is all.


AWE **** SON! That is great. Another hacker besides Elliot who lives here. I am not one but that is freaking cool. Speaking of Elliot I am meeting up with him tomorrow.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Sasab on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 am

Elliot lives here too? Never knew that. Wow I don't feel so alone anymore XD And just wondering, if Jamal or Ty see this, is there a time yet for the tourney?
avatar
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : The Big Giant Apple

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 am

Sasab wrote:Elliot lives here too? Never knew that. Wow I don't feel so alone anymore XD And just wondering, if Jamal or Ty see this, is there a time yet for the tourney?

I don't know. But later is better. I still need to make new teams. So I am glad this thing ain't starting anytime soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:25 am

That kind of sucks that we're limited to those two servers, but what can you do.

As for the time, IDK what it is, either. ^^;
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 am

Making this a double post just to make sure people will see this (I'm doing that more often than normal):

Judging from what I was told earlier, Jamal may have lost power. Since he is the tourney organizer and all that, that means he can't start the tourney until after he gets power, which is most likely why the tourney is being delayed ATM.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:57 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:Making this a double post just to make sure people will see this (I'm doing that more often than normal):

Judging from what I was told earlier, Jamal may have lost power. Since he is the tourney organizer and all that, that means he can't start the tourney until after he gets power, which is most likely why the tourney is being delayed ATM.

Poyo and Jamal live in the same area?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:14 am

Silver Kitsuren wrote:
xXtyking1224Xx wrote:Making this a double post just to make sure people will see this (I'm doing that more often than normal):

Judging from what I was told earlier, Jamal may have lost power. Since he is the tourney organizer and all that, that means he can't start the tourney until after he gets power, which is most likely why the tourney is being delayed ATM.

Poyo and Jamal live in the same area?

They do, actually. Poyo was the one that told me about the power outage.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah, we both live in Maryland, and I did indeed lose power. =/

Sorry that I couldn't host it yesterday, but there was literally nothing I could do about it. I hope you guys can forgive me.

(On a side note: The 2 new Kyurem Formes are officially Uber now, so they'll be banned from future tournaments, and possibly this one, if I decide to host it today or something.)

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 23
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum