PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, I'm Tai

4 posters

Go down

Hello, I'm Tai Empty Hello, I'm Tai

Post  TaiWind Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:30 am

Like the title says. I'm Tai, I'm new here... or rather, new to the forum. I'm not new to PHC content, I was a fan of these people way back when I was a tiny kid barely out of elementary school. Because you people are just that old of a community. And that says nothing of the forum, which is pretty devoid of life, as it seems. I've been on and off lurking here for about a month and... there's just no life. None at all. Why. What happened to hacking, is it not exciting for anyone anymore? Why did everyone leave? I mean I guess Bwarb is here but... Really? No one else?

Okay, maybe I shouldn't chew out the community for being in shambles. It was bound to happen eventually, after all. Hell, I don't even think I would have stayed if I had joined up back when it was a new thing. Little ol' me couldn't hack to save their life though, so that was never even an option. Unfortunately I'm still quite terrible at the whole hacking thing, but lucky for me, there's an alternate option now. I'm not sure if it's kosher in something called a Poke Hacking Community, but if I ever make a series, and that's the plan for what I want to do with my life to make college a little less boring, I'm going to use RMXP with Pokemon Essentials. There's definitely more options it gives me compared to plain ol' ROM tinkering.

Guess that's it, for now? Maybe if enough people care about me I'll say other things.

P.S. Don't try to guess my gender. Seriously. I didn't set it on my profile for a reason.
TaiWind
TaiWind

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm Tai Empty Re: Hello, I'm Tai

Post  PHC Bwarb Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:24 am

Lol, whenever anyone talks about these forums, I swear everyone brings up that I'm the only one here. Anyway, welcome! I'm Bwarb, this is my new account. Nice to have someone new here! Hope you have fun. Ummm... I guess I could try to answer a few of your questions, just keep in mind I tend to purposely distance myself from this Community, so I don't know much about the other hackers.

Most people who you knew used to hack, I believe hacked when they were teenagers. But now they seem to be adults and, to my knowledge are too busy to hack. There are people like PHC Nathan and Lord Hekena who hack, but Nathan doesn't appear to use these forums...

Oh and don't worry about using RMXP. Most hackers don't use roms anymore, they just make the maps, export them and then record the textboxes. They mostly animate stuff now, using tools like Sony Vegas to do so.

Oh and why don't you want us to know your gender? If you don't want to tell us what it is though, I completely understand. Anyway, I hope you have fun in these forums! Do you have a youtube channel? If you do, let me know and I'll subscribe to it Very Happy
PHC Bwarb
PHC Bwarb

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzG2IWjz1cmq6KPsjI9LQbQ

Back to top Go down

Post  TaiWind Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:38 am

You've been the one with some of the most recent posts, haha. I just go by what I see. What's with the distancing though? Did that happen while I was lurking, or something? Do you have a personal reason or do you just not feel comfortable being referred to as part of the once-great PHC empire?

I've been looking into some of the hacking community's remnants myself actually, such as Red Panda and GioHimonPro who still appear to be active even though the glory days kinda ended seemingly two years ago, at least if the post times on this forum are anything to go by. Also Elliot has a gaming channel, and Poyo and Sanna are into Smash. I don't mean to stalk, I just found out these things through looking around. (and being subbed to Sanna over the years so I saw that he started uploading smash vids recently) (and I'm not even mentioning Tamashii because she's basically attained Jwittz levels of popularity and therefore probably doesn't bear mentioning anymore cause people just know about her) (holy cannoli batman that's a lot of parentheses)

Upon further inspection RMXP actually seems to be rather expensive for a college student's budget (which is what I run on) so I'll probably forgo that early on in my career in favor of animating things. Though it has to be said that even though the animation has very little to do with hacking, the textbox stuff is, as far as I know, recorded straight from the games (or else it would be rather painful to try to animate). So I figure I ought to have at least some hacking involved if I dare get into the hacking business. Or coding business, what with the RMXP and all. Also, Sony Vegas does what Windon't. So I'll try to get onto that.

About my gender... It's not that I don't want you to know it, it's just that I don't want you to guess it. It's kind of a personal slight for me as someone who identifies as nonbinary. Yeah I'm one of those tumblr people. If you want to chase me out with a pitchfork this is your opportunity.

I have a Youtube channel, but I don't feel like sharing it seeing how it's currently empty (at least to my knowledge, unless i didn't erase everything off of it and just forgot). When I produce more content, maybe then.
TaiWind
TaiWind

Back to top Go down

Post  PHC Bwarb Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:54 am

Wow, that was a quick reply. Anyway, I have tried to talk to people in PHC in the past, but most of the time I say something stupid or just back away. I feel like I've upset people, and although I've apologized, I still think that it's best if I try to distance myself from the other PHC members. I've talked to Poyo quite a bit on Ask.fm [if that counts] and twice I believe in Pokemon Showdown, but that's as far as I've gotten with talking with PHC. There's also a few people in PHC who I don't want to be around, and I'm not going to tell you or anyone who they are, or what's my reason. Sorry, but I don't wanna cause any arguments.

Also, another way I distance myself is with my series themselves. I try to take a more happy approach most of the time. Well maybe not "happy" but I guess more old-school. Most of my series are comedy/action oriented. I haven't made a series for over a year now so I don't have much to show, but trust me, I'm working on something.

I do know what most PHC members are doing. I am subscribed to a good handful of them, and I know a decent chunk of it's history. By the way, PHC Red Panda may not post on these forums, but his glory days are far from over. He's the most active hacker by far right now, posting at least a few videos a month.

Yeah, they record the textboxes from the game. I don't know how they do it, but I record the white bit inside the textbox with the scrolling text but not the outside. Then in Filmora I put the textbox in as an image, and then put the scrolling text inside of it.

What's nonbinary? If it's a tumblr thing then don't ask me, I don't use tumblr. I don't hate it though, so you're fine in my books. No pitchforks here!

Anyway, if you need any help with Hacking, animating, spriting or music choices for episodes, then feel free to ask me. If you need help with becoming part of the community, then stay far away from me! Ask someone else like Lord Hekena. He's pretty active on these forums.
PHC Bwarb
PHC Bwarb

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzG2IWjz1cmq6KPsjI9LQbQ

Back to top Go down

Post  TaiWind Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 am

Alright, that's fair. I wouldn't want to upset anyone either, and I've had my fair share of past silly behavior over the years. The quick reply, by the way, is purely because I literally have nothing better to do and it's late at night and I have no classes tomorrow. So I'm online. And I have notifications on.

I'm pretty sure I know how to do the textbox thing, or at least the theory behind it, but if you gave me an untapped ROM and Sony Vegas I probably wouldn't be able to do it on my own right off the bat. Supposedly there's a touch of green screen behind it (black screen? grass screen? you fill up a room with single color tiles and put an invisible signpost in it. that's all i know). Or one could just do it the way you do, though that feels a little bit clunky to me, no offense.

Nonbinary is when I don't particularly feel entirely male or female. It's not "a tumblr thing" per se, but most people outside those circles discredit it because tumblr is infamous for promoting this sort of thing, and even beyond that nonbinary identities are just discredited because people are jerks and don't want to accept things they see as not normal. I could go on a filibuster-esque rant about why this infuriates me, but I'd rather just move on. tl;dr: I'm not a boy, I'm not a girl, and if you insinuate that I am one of those I will be made uncomfortable. So there.

I don't think I currently need any help, I like to do stuff all on my own, but if I need anything I'll get back to you. As for joining the community itself, I'm not exactly concerned about that, but it would be an added bonus if it happens. Confusing? Possibly. I just want to have fun and make things.
TaiWind
TaiWind

Back to top Go down

Post  PHC RedPanda Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:48 am

Oh look. I posted something.
PHC RedPanda
PHC RedPanda

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chimchar009

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinyScarlet Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:56 am

PHC RedPanda wrote:Oh look. I posted something.

No, you're a imaginary creature. They're just imaging this.
ShinyScarlet
ShinyScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post  PHC RedPanda Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:57 am

True. Hacking has been dead for centuries. This is all just a dream.

ShinyScarlet wrote:
PHC RedPanda wrote:Oh look. I posted something.

No, you're a imaginary creature. They're just imaging this.
PHC RedPanda
PHC RedPanda

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chimchar009

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum