PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!)

5 posters

Go down

Should this tournament be single or double elimination?

The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) I_vote_lcap23%The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) I_vote_lcap77%The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) I_vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) Empty The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

The Pokemon League is arriving... do you have what it takes to become the Champion?

Okay guys, this won't be just some ordinary tournament: it's gonna be HUGE. I need your help to spread the word about this tournament throughout the hacker community; if you're able to do that, we can have one successful tournament! Bee

The TOs (tournament organizers) for this tournament so far are:

Jamal (main TO)
Seth (assistant TO)
Pro (assistant TO)
Brandon (assistant TO)
Raina (assistant TO)
Ty (assistant TO)
Poyo (assistant TO)
Sasab (assistant TO)

If you want to be a TO, you can apply to be one on this thread.

Rules:

- Double elimination.

- All sets starting from Quarters are Best of 3. For Grand Finals, the winner of Losers' Finals must win 2 sets, while the winner of Winners' Finals only has to win one. You are not allowed to change teams during a set, but you CAN change your lead during one.

- Sleep Clause: Two or more Pokemon on a team cannot be asleep at the same time. Self-induce sleep via rest does not activate Sleep Clause.

- Freeze Clause: Two or more Pokemon on a team cannot be frozen at the same time.

- Self KO Clause: If both players have only one Pokemon left, moves which KO both the user and the opponent are not allowed (e.g. Explosion, Destiny Bond). If recoil damage would cause a tie, Self KO Clause does not activate, and the player who last attacked is the winner.

- Species Clause: Two or more of the same Pokemon may not be used on the same team.

- All of these items, moves, abilities, and Pokemon are banned:

Items
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

SCHEDULE (EST)

9:00 - 11:00 AM: Check-In/Warm-Ups
12:30 - 1:00 PM: Draft Crews
1:00 - 2:00 PM: Doubles
2:00 - 3:00 PM: Break
3:00 - 4:00 PM: Triples
4:00 - 5:00 PM: Break/Last Call for Singles
5:00 - 7:00 PM: Singles
7:00 - 8:30 PM: Dark Tournament 4
8:30 - 9:30 PM: Break
9:30 - 10:00 PM: Challenge Cup

LET'S GET THIS HYPED!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PokemonMasterJamal3 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 am; edited 18 times in total
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) Empty Re: The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:21 pm

TheShadowRiolu wrote:Hehe I can try to help.

You're hired. thumbs up
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!) Empty Re: The Pokemon League: The Hacker Community's first "national" tournament! (OCTOBER 1ST, 2011!) LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!)

Post  RainaOkami Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:34 pm

i may also be able to help as well xD

RainaOkami
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:35 pm

I can help as well. Very Happy
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:07 am

Thread updated with the rules, the sign up page, and the poll! Bee
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:23 am

I'll enter and wanna help with the tourney Idea
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 pm

BUMP!

The tournament is tomorrow! Bee Sign up TODAY, because this is the LAST CHANCE that you'll be able to!

I am also working on a schedule for the tournament!
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:40 pm

THREAD UPDATED WITH THE SCHEDULE!!!!
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Im sorry but I cant make it im going somewhere tomorrow so I cant go
Daniel
Daniel
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/thewingedboy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 pm

What time zone is the thing going on? For all I know, it's 6 AM here and I could've missed the whole thing!

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but it's EST.

You didn't miss it. XD
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Wait, if its at 9 EST, then its 6 PST! SHOOT! What server do I go on?!!

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 am

71.254.177.204:5080 is the Advanced Connection.

We're still getting things ready, so we didn't exactly "start", yet. XD
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 am

Okay, I've been looking the the servers non-stop for a server with something like "Poke Hacking community" or your usernames... I'm so out of practice... Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:18 am

The new Advanced Connection is:

2.40.248.126:5080
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 am

crap, me internet died, then it said I couldn't log on because I was already on, and then it says my version is to new! WHAT!
affraid pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down