PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe Music Databases?

Go down

Safe Music Databases? Empty Safe Music Databases?

Post  Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 am

I'm glad to see that we've got support in making OSTs and finding ways to prevent audio copyright. The Hack Soundtrack Library was a good idea, even if not many people are making music right now XD But I do have to ask something. Does the hack library only contain OSTs, or is there a section for music that doesn't get copyrighted? Because I do know a lot of songs from video games that can be used, but they're not original OSTs...where should I post these?

My current idea is to either use my backup account as a Youtube-Proof Music Database, or to make a YT account just for safe music and have alll hackers get direct access to it. Password access and everything; a database for the whole community. Who thinks I should do this, and should I use my backup account or make a new account for all the hackers?

Back to top Go down

Safe Music Databases? Empty Re: Safe Music Databases?

Post  Relyt Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:53 am

Hmm...

Honestly, I don't plan on adding a section to the library for music that has been made by people outside of the community.

That is because that those tracks mainly require either a tempo or a pitch change to be declared safe.

That, and the channel would've had over 500 demo uploads just for tracks used in anime, games, movies, or music not used in those sorts of things.

If you want to try it, go right on ahead. However, don't give password access. Only give it to a couple of people willing to help you run the channel. Give to people outside of that and that is begging for trouble.

If it is a channel, just have videos with download links in the description. Still gives people access, and you won't have to worry about your channel getting closed by someone else.

That is just my two cents on the matter, though.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:Hmm...

Honestly, I don't plan on adding a section to the library for music that has been made by people outside of the community.

That is because that those tracks mainly require either a tempo or a pitch change to be declared safe.

That, and the channel would've had over 500 demo uploads just for tracks used in anime, games, movies, or music not used in those sorts of things.

If you want to try it, go right on ahead. However, don't give password access. Only give it to a couple of people willing to help you run the channel. Give to people outside of that and that is begging for trouble.

If it is a channel, just have videos with download links in the description. Still gives people access, and you won't have to worry about your channel getting closed by someone else.

That is just my two cents on the matter, though.

Hmm...point taken! But, we should still have a list of songs somewhere, and I do want demos of lesser-known songs to be available. There's a lot of music I've used on my videos before that's never been copyright-threatened, and plenty of other songs that I'm pretty sure don't require Tricking to be safely used...Yeah. I'm gonna make a new youtube account and post whatever safe music I can think of. And then, to help people find the right kind of feel they're looking for in the music, I'll put tabs on it like "happy, depressing, tense," etc. Keep tabs on that, folks! If anybody can give suggestions for songs, I might be able to go somewhere with this Very Happy

...oh, wait. I don't know how to post download links. *facepalm* Anybody got a preferred website for posting download links? Do I need an account for some websites or what?

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am

Make a 4Shared account. It lets you categorize your uploads and it won't threaten to delete them (looking at you, Rapidshare).

As for posting a download link, 4Shared gives you want if you click on the file after you uploaded it.

If you ever post them here, I can send a quick PM on how to make it so the word "Link" can contain the download link if you don't know how.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down