PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

+4
RainaOkami
sakurastardreams
Relyt
HitoshirezuJamal
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12) - Page 3 Empty Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:01 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:NOOOOO! Of all things. And after so many people signed up to!

Considering people couldn't sign up due to timing... does this not mean we can have more people sign up?

It's a double-edged sword. XD
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12) - Page 3 Empty Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Ink Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 am

Or or
We can just get on with it and still have it. ._.
Ink
Ink
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 am

I SAY! I dunno. Plans are plans. Change the date?
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 am

Another day is good I suppose/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 am

Am I too late to join? ._.

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm

DestroyerBDT17 wrote:Am I too late to join? ._.

Can't say for sure, because nobody knows if this tourney is still being held due to Jamal's comp being brutally murdered dying a tragic death.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12) - Page 3 Empty Giving this tournament to someone else (Read post for more details)...

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am

I DO want this tournament to be held, even if I can't personally be there to see to it that it is. Therefore, I am looking for someone that can manage the bracket/make sure the rules I have set are being followed.

So, yeah, if you have any tournament-hosting experience/a general understanding of how to host a tournament, I'll allow you usage of updating the bracket whenever a match has been finished. PM me if you want to help out.

(NOTE: Even if I allow you permission to manage the bracket much like I would, please note that I am STILL the true TO of this tournament. Therefore, do NOT make any changes to the actual rules. You CAN decide on a new date and time, however.)
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi I'm Zach Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

HitoshirezuJamal wrote:I DO want this tournament to be held, even if I can't personally be there to see to it that it is. Therefore, I am looking for someone that can manage the bracket/make sure the rules I have set are being followed.

So, yeah, if you have any tournament-hosting experience/a general understanding of how to host a tournament, I'll allow you usage of updating the bracket whenever a match has been finished. PM me if you want to help out.

(NOTE: Even if I allow you permission to manage the bracket much like I would, please note that I am STILL the true TO of this tournament. Therefore, do NOT make any changes to the actual rules. You CAN decide on a new date and time, however.)

I say either Tyler or Seth.
Hi I'm Zach
Hi I'm Zach
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/user/GracefulEclipse

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 am

I gotz no tourney hosting experience... that, and I'd be so tempted to remove a certain rule, which is not allowed.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi I'm Zach Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:I gotz no tourney hosting experience... that, and I'd be so tempted to remove a certain rule, which is not allowed.

Okay this guy is totally not qualified then >3>
Hi I'm Zach
Hi I'm Zach
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 am

I held a rather successful Pokemon tournament a few years ago. If the number of participants is a power of 2 or 3, then I have big plans :3 such as the triple threat brackets.

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:40 am

I suggest dem Poyo.
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ink Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am

I'm going to withdraw from the tournament, because I don't like our ruleset. I don't like the fact that the therian formes and the new Kyurem formes are legal, considering how high the stats are on the new Kyurem ones are. Nor do I like the fact that we're constantly using Smogon's rulesets and uber lists. I don't care for Smogon, and I'm pretty sure not many people here care for it either.
It would be nice if we have a ruleset made by the PHC Community and not one made by Smogon, since Smogon deems whatever they want "Good".
Anyways, yeah. I'm withdrawing. #RandomHashTag
Ink
Ink
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 am

Well then, looks like I can take Ink's spot, lol

Also, I do have the ability to make a Pokemon Online server, lol

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 am

Actually Ink, Jamal said we can't use them anywayz.
@BDT Good-luck.
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ink Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:17 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:Actually Ink, Jamal said we can't use them anywayz.
@BDT Good-luck.

Oh.

@BDT Sure, take it.
Ink
Ink
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 am

Only Therian form with amazing stats is Tornadus. The thing about it is it does get hurt by Stealth Rock, is weak to some of the more common pokémon, etc.

Landorus is too slow, and Thundurus is too frail.

As for the Kyurem, yeah, they're banned.

As for the ruleset, the one rule I find to be stupid is the ability to change pokémon/teams during a set.

I'm sorry, but if you go into a battle with a certain team, and you lose, too bad. Just try again. If you're good, it should be no problem.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:28 am

@Ty I agree with you, but since no one barely ever changes. Maybe just stick with 2?
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:31 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:@Ty I agree with you, but since no one barely ever changes. Maybe just stick with 2?

...2 what?

And people do change pokémon/teams, dude. I can provide examples as well.

For example, in the last tourney, Jamal changed up his Latias so it could use Roar when he faced Brandon.

Seth and I changed teams during some of our sets.

Poyo switches teams as well.

And the limiting won't work as well because just one change can give you victory.

I say do away with the rule altogether, but that's just me.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverShiningMoon Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 am

*You said during a set. Just noticed that. I thought you said before each set.
SilverShiningMoon
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Hi I'm Zach Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 am

I'm thinking of dropping out of this tourney.
Hi I'm Zach
Hi I'm Zach
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:*You said during a set. Just noticed that. I thought you said before each set.

Before each set, I'm okay with. If one person sticks with one teams, the other person can just make a team to counter the team they use, which takes away from the game, IMO.

Plus, it's actually allowed in tourneys, so meh.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:16 am

Would I be allowed to use Serperior if I removed Contrary?

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:Only Therian form with amazing stats is Tornadus. The thing about it is it does get hurt by Stealth Rock, is weak to some of the more common pokémon, etc.

As for the ruleset, the one rule I find to be stupid is the ability to change pokémon/teams during a set.

I'm sorry, but if you go into a battle with a certain team, and you lose, too bad. Just try again. If you're good, it should be no problem.

I wish you would have brought up the "team-changing during sets" issue sooner than later. I honestly didn't know you felt that way at all.

Also, I cannot stress enough that the Kyurem Formes are BANNED! The Therian Formes aren't even that bad, honestly.

@ Ink: IDK why people (including you) are so biased against Smogon for no good reason. Smogon creates statistics from research in order to find out what's ban-worthy and what isn't. They don't just "decide" what's good and what isn't. People get mad about decisions and automatically assume that when they don't even know the process. Those same people also forget that Smogon has defined the metagame, and without them, we would not have tiers.
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 am

HitoshirezuJamal wrote:
xXtyking1224Xx wrote:Only Therian form with amazing stats is Tornadus. The thing about it is it does get hurt by Stealth Rock, is weak to some of the more common pokémon, etc.

I wish you would have brought up the "team-changing during sets" issue sooner than later. I honestly didn't know you felt that way at all.

Also, I cannot stress enough that the Kyurem Formes are BANNED! The Therian Formes aren't even that bad, honestly.

@ Ink: IDK why people (including you) are so biased against Smogon for no good reason. Smogon creates statistics from research in order to find out what's ban-worthy and what isn't. They don't just "decide" what's good and what isn't. People get mad about decisions and automatically assume that when they don't even know the process. Those same people also forget that Smogon has defined the metagame, and without them, we would not have tiers.
Smogon is the reason why PO isn't fun unless you use an OU Pokemon. Besides, research? It's a video game. Honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next