PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!!

+4
sakurastardreams
Sasab
Relyt
HitoshirezuJamal
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!!

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:00 am

Almost a full year ago, the Pokemon League took place and many Trainers battled to take home the gold and become the Champion.

However, only one man could prevail in the end...

This man was Ty. The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! 30-8

After being defeated 2-0 in Winners' Finals by Tyson, Ty 2-0'd Seth in Losers' Finals (who at this time was considered the community's top battler). The first Grand Finals' set was close, but in the end, Ty clenched it out 2-1 and proceeded to 2-0 Tyson in Set 2.

This tournament is highly considered to be Ty's "breakout performance", and since then, he has only placed below 5th ONCE (this was at Revival of Pokemon Online: The True Test).

Will Ty be able to defend his crown as Champion, will Seth or Poyo take it instead, or will an unexpected player surprise everyone and win it all? Find out at...

THE POKEMON LEAGUE 2012!!!

Tournament organizers:
Jamal (Main TO)
Ty (Assistant TO)

General Rules and Clauses:

- Double elimination.

- All sets are Best of 3. For Grand Finals, the winner of Losers' Finals must win 2 sets, while the winner of Winners' Finals only has to win one. Team changing during a set is up to the 2 players.

- Don't be a **** or you're DQed from the tournament.

- BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR LOGS AND SEND THEM TO ME! I will be uploading tournament battles on my YouTube account, which is: www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

- You may only use Pokemon that have been released legally in the US or Japanese games. This includes Dream World Pokemon. For a list of released Dream World Pokemon, you may find them on Smogon here.

- Species Clause: The use of more than one of the same Pokémon is forbidden. Pokémon that evolve from the same Pokémon but are not an evolution of each other are exempted. For example, the use of Gorebyss and Huntail is allowed, but the use of Gorebyss and Gorebyss or Clamperl and Clamperl in one team is not. If the Pokémon has many different formes that are very different from each other, such as Wormadam or Rotom, they are still limited by species clause as they share the same Pokédex number (and are thus still of the same Pokémon species).

- Sleep Clause: You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.

The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokemon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep.
A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other pokemon be fainted).
A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.
Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause. The ability Effect Spore is also exempted.

- Evasion Clause: The use of evasion boosting moves like Double Team or Minimize, or hold items like Brightpowder or Lax Incense, is forbidden. Similar moves which instead decrease the opposing Pokémon's accuracy, such as Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap, Mirror Shot and Mud Bomb, are allowed. Acupressure, Metronome, and the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can increase the user's evasion, but still does not fall under this clause.

- OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

- Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.

- WiFi Battle: WiFi Battle MUST BE ON at all times.

Ban List:

Items
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
All Unreleased Dream World Pokemon
Arceus-Bug
Arceus-Dark
Arceus-Dragon
Arceus-Electric
Arceus-Fighting
Arceus-Fire
Arceus-Flying
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Grass
Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ice
Arceus-Normal
Arceus-Poison
Arceus-Psychic
Arceus-Rock
Arceus-Steel
Arceus-Water
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Excadrill
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-B
Kyurem-W
Latias w/ Soul Dew
Latios w/ Soul Dew
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Thundurus
Zekrom

SIGN-UP PAGE: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/4mcs5fkoxz

You MUST sign up if you want to be in the bracket. If you're signing up as a name that you're not known by, be sure to put the name of your most-known alias in parentheses.

EXAMPLE: The Champion (Ty)

GET HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by HitoshirezuJamal on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 am; edited 5 times in total
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty Re: The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!!

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am

NOTE: I am taking suggestions for side events for this tournament.
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty Re: The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!!

Post  Relyt Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

After reading the beginning... I suddenly feel very old...

Anyway, let's do this!
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 am

Sorry for double post, but for a side event...

How about moar challenge cup?
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 am

Ahem...... TY IS GOING DOWN. That is all.

In other news: I say we do something unique and fun for the Pokemon League. Along with the main tourney we also have an actual "league". That is using the current power rankings and just make gym leaders and elite four and the actual champion will be the winner of the main tournament and let's say if the person who enters the "league" can win against all the gym leaders and elite four then they can go up against the champion and have a chance to face them and all. And if there are 2 winners or more then we can have a round robin type to decide who faces the winner of the Pokemon League. It may sound weird to have another shot at the championship but it seems fun Very Happy And also everyone would have to choose a certain type...

I call water now if this is accepted.
Very Happy
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:06 am

Since I'm E4 on the power rankings... I call Dragon. I SHALL MAKE EVERYONE RAGE.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sakurastardreams Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Hmm... What am I doing the 22nd... Pray that I don't end up missing this Pokemon League now too. XD I think it's after a bunch of tests I'm taking, so I should be free (don't get your hopes up XP).

I still say we have a tourney where every participant is given a random Pokemon type and has to make a team based on that type to compete in the tourney (Mono-Type Pokemon Tourney). Inspired by gym leaders and trainers who are dedicated to training a single type of Pokemon! =D It'd be a challenge and it'd be fair since it's all random instead of people "calling" types. XD
sakurastardreams
sakurastardreams
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm

sakurastardreams wrote:I still say we have a tourney where every participant is given a random Pokemon type and has to make a team based on that type to compete in the tourney (Mono-Type Pokemon Tourney). Inspired by gym leaders and trainers who are dedicated to training a single type of Pokemon! =D It'd be a challenge and it'd be fair since it's all random instead of people "calling" types. XD

I support this. We could do a random number generator of sorts to help decide the types.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Sakura's right.. calling types is unfair now that I think about it XR
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:07 am

Whoever signed up as "ShadowElliot"... either change your name or specify who you are.

EXAMPLE: ShadowElliot (-insertperson'sactualnamehere-)

Reason being: I can't seed the bracket properly if I have no idea who you are. If you're a high-ranking battler, then prepare to get a lower seed all because you used a silly name.

EDIT: Seth is "ShadowElliot"... I got trolled hard. XD
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ink Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:26 am

Another Tourney?
Didn't we like just have a PO tourney?
Ink
Ink
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 am

Check the date. XD

This one's not for almost a month. Razz
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ink Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 am

I know.
We have a tourney like.. weekly though.
Ink
Ink
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 am

Copying/pasting what I said on MSN just to not keep the thread hanging. XD (Debate's kind of over now.)

"Well, it's not as bad as when I tried to host a tournament every day. XD

I mean, I guess it kind of depends on what the tournament is. Since a YGO tournament is following the week after a PO tournament, I could get a few different customers since it's a different game. Next weekend can be a free week, the weekend after that can be YGO, and the following week can be the League. Plus, I'm trying to get back into my tournament host mode, since it's been a while, if you know what I mean."

I like the idea of an actual "League" and Mono-type tournament as well. thumbs up (Types should definitely be randomized, though, like Sakura said.)
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

We should know what types we were given a while before the league though so we have time to make a team and all. And LOL @ Seth being ShadowElliot. Almost... Seth almost.
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Commenting to say something may be removed from the Ubers list.

Garchomp is getting tested in OU.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasab Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 am

....-brings back sandstorm team-
OHYEAH!
Sasab
Sasab
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Sasab wrote:....-brings back sandstorm team-
OHYEAH!

Here's the kicker.

If Garchomp comes back, then that means Sand Veil would be banned.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty THE LEAGUE IS TODAY!

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:47 pm

What time is good for you guys to start it? (EST)
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty time..

Post  Guest Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm

i'd say it'd be best to start it 4 or 5 pm eastern US time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Stop! Hammah time!

Stupid jokes aside, any time is good for me. #nolife #4everalone
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RainaOkami Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Anytime is good with me. I don't think I have anything else going on today, so I should be free. c:

RainaOkami
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  liekmudkipz111 Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm

liekmudkipz111
liekmudkipz111
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/user/liekmudkipz111

Back to top Go down

The Pokemon League 2012: The Hacker Community's "3rd" national! (September 22, 2012) GET HYPED!!! Empty Time decided!

Post  HitoshirezuJamal Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 pm

5 PM EST it is!

Certain side-events will probably happen before that time. This is your last chance to suggest some! Bee
HitoshirezuJamal
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Relyt Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Mono
Type
Tourney

That is all.

Types given should be randomized to make sure no one gets something OP because they called it.
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next