PokeHacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion

2 posters

Go down

PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion Empty PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion

Post  Poyo Mon May 12, 2014 3:07 pm

First post on the boards in FOREVER! XD

This is based off tourneys with Team Preview/No Unreleased Dream World Abilities in both 5th and 6th gen. Individual 6th gen tourneys hold more weight than individual 5th gen tourneys cause it's the current game, however players who had months/years of consistency in 5th gen will still have that outweight the 2 6th gen tourneys. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RANKINGS, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION I FELT LIKE MAKING A LIST OF CAUSE I'M BORED AT 4 AM! XD

PHC Player Pokemon Tier List (IMO)

KANTO LEAGUE CHAMPION WORLD CHAMPION BEST IN THE WORLD WATER POKEMON LEGEND GOD TIER
0. TrainerDor

S Tier
1. PokemonBrightDreams

A+ Tier
2. liekmudkipz111

A Tier
3. xxtyking1224xx
4. DIGITIM5

B Tier
5. GoldFinale
6. HitoshirezuJamal
7/8. thewingedboy/Squirpz
7/8. thewingedboy/Squirpz

C Tier
9. ShadowFeraligatr
10/11. PokemonTysonLegend/Brandon (forgot username)
10/11. PokemonTysonLegend/Brandon (forgot username)
12. Raina (YouTube Username?)

D Tier
13. LightningStarSakura
14. GracefulEclipse
15+. Everyone else, no one else really has any significant placings/wins to place them individually

Reasonings for things that maybe questionable

*Poyo is in his own tier above Seth because he is the only player in both gens who has never placed below third. Seth would be S Tier too if he didn't get fifth at The Next Generation and A+ Tier would be for Ty instead as the borderline between S Tier and A Tier players

*Gold being 5th maybe surprising to some, but like I said 6th gen has more individual weight than 5th gen, and Gold has 3rd and 2nd as his 6th gen placings, as well as a win on Seth which regardless of gen, only 3 other players have. Two tournaments still doesn't equal consistency though, so he is B Tier as his consistency doesn't match any of the "Elite Four".

*Jamal over Squirpz. Squirpz showed more consistency than Jamal never placing below 4th, but also never above 3rd. Jamal has low placings, but also a tourney win and a second as well, including wins over Seth and Ty who have perfect records vs Squirpz, are two of the top three and Squirpz has no win on anybody above 9th/10th place on this list.

*The gap between Tim and Squirpz despite both never placing below 4th and never above 3rd. Tim has a win on me and I consider that to have very huge weight considering other than him, only 2-3 (Seth and Ty) have that win. As well as the tourneys Tim has gotten third and fourth at, he hasn't placed below anyone other than those already listed above him and Jamal, whereas Squirpz has been outplaced by players who before then hadn't placed well.

*Tying Daniel and Squirpz. This was a tough one. Daniel has a 2nd place which no one below him has, however in the tourney hey got 2nd at, he was to play Squirpz however they were never on at the same time, but Daniel was on more so Daniel advanced. And in Loser's Finals, Daniel and Sasab once again were never on at the same time so I played Daniel's set using his team to beat Sasab. So theoretically he really only played his sets up to 4th place (played GFs and lost) and Squirpz played until 4th place before getting DQ'd. Daniel has a win over Ty, who is perfect vs Squirpz, however Squirpz has more tournament entries also with third place, so it was too hard to decide who was better, so I just tied them.

*Sasab over Brandon and Tyson. While Sasab hasn't entered a 6th gen tourney yet and Brandon/Tyson have been in fourth and third place in 6th gen tourneys, their wins haven't been particularly notable. Sasab has wins over Jamal in 5th gen (the others do too, but it's still weight) as well as Ty in 5th gen when he was a top 3 threat and earning third place in the tourney he beat Ty in. Tyson and Brandon are tied because they're 1-1 in 6th gen, and have similar wins/placings in 5th gen, there's no clear indication who's better.

*Raina above Sakura and Sarah. Sakura and Sarah's "good wins" were only once and in 5th gen, Raina has a 6th gen win and fourth place over Brandon who was expected to get top 3 at said tourney. Sakura COULD be said to have a good 6th gen win (Jamal) but Raina beat her in 6th gen head-to-head anyway.

*Dory... WAIT WHY ARE YOU QUESTIONING THIS, HE WON THE WORLD TOURNAMENT IN WPL, WON THE EPA KANTO LEAGUE AND PID ALSO SAYS HE'S THE WORLD CHAMPION. WE'RE THE "HACKER COMMUNITY" AND HE'S UNIVERSALLY THE BEST TRAINER IN HACKS. GODLIKE!

I made this at like 4 AM cause I can't sleep, if you have any opinions or any changes you'd make, feel free to let me know. XD

Links to 6th Gen Tourney Brackets since they were done on Facebook instead of the boards

http://challonge.com/TNG01
http://challonge.com/SS01
Poyo
Poyo
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion Empty Re: PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion

Post  Relyt Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:53 am

Boi, you better get ready to bump me to A+ tier now. ;D
Relyt
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion Empty Re: PHC Player Tier List in Poyo's Opinion

Post  Poyo Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Yeah I need to update this now. You'll get bumped to A+ tier and S Tier is no longer existent when it gets updated, my reasoning for S tier was that historically I've never gotten below 3rd at the time, but that's changed. I dunno if after next season or after two seasons is when I should decide 5th gen is no longer relevant to this and make this entirely based off 6th gen. Top 3 order is still me, Seth, you since 5th gen historically affects this. Just I'm nerfed a tier and you're buffed a tier so we're all in the same tier now. XD
Poyo
Poyo
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down