Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:13 am

For the set changing during sets, I was okay with it at first, but by the time I started realizing the cons for it, everyone else was in love with the rule, so I decided to keep quiet. XD
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  SilverShiningMoon on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 am

^ This.

Also without research it may be a game. But would you want a game where you want people to face off against 20 in a tournament with Ubers? OU For example is better since it's more challenging in a way.
avatar
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Posts : 353
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 18
Location : United States

http://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 am

Silvershadowmist wrote:^ This.

Also without research it may be a game. But would you want a game where you want people to face off against 20 in a tournament with Ubers? OU For example is better since it's more challenging in a way.

Not necessarily. While it does have access to every Pokémon not in Ubers, the thing is, how often are you gonna see non-OU Pokémon? Hell, Kingdra is only getting usage now is because rain is so dang popular, so he's essentially an anti-meta pokémon.

The only real challenge OU has ATM is trying to build a team that can beat out rain. That's... virtually it, based on this metagame. XD

NU, surprisingly, is more of a challenge IMO, because it is the most diverse tier, so there are many, and I repeat many, different threats you have to consider when building the team.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

DestroyerBDT17 wrote:
Smogon is the reason why PO isn't fun unless you use an OU Pokemon. Besides, research? It's a video game. Honestly.

That's one of the single most retarded things I've ever read.

Yes, people do research on Pokemon... because it's played competitively. Countless amounts of video games are played competitively. Many tournaments for video games (including Pokemon) are hosted in real life, all for the sake of competitive play. The top players didn't get good because they were like "Oh, it's a video game, so there's no reason to research or know anything about it, lolololololol." People get good at games because they did their research and rose to the top. It's honestly the same for anything that can be played competitively. To say that research doesn't matter because "it's a video game" makes me shake my head in disgust at your ignorance.

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 22
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 am

HitoshirezuJamal wrote:
DestroyerBDT17 wrote:
Smogon is the reason why PO isn't fun unless you use an OU Pokemon. Besides, research? It's a video game. Honestly.

That's one of the single most retarded things I've ever read.

Yes, people do research on Pokemon... because it's played competitively. Countless amounts of video games are played competitively. Many tournaments for video games (including Pokemon) are hosted in real life, all for the sake of competitive play. The top players didn't get good because they were like "Oh, it's a video game, so there's no reason to research or know anything about it, lolololololol." People get good at games because they did their research and rose to the top. It's honestly the same for anything that can be played competitively. To say that research doesn't matter because "it's a video game" makes me shake my head in disgust at your ignorance.
You said absolutely nothing that counteracted my point on how competitive battling takes the fun away from Pokemon Online. And the only thing you need to do is go on smogon.com to see what pokemon are best to use and what pokemon suck. And to do research on a video game like pokemon means someone at smogon (or any other peeps who research pokemon) has way too much time on their hands.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:22 am

Only casual players/scrubs that know nothing about competition would ever say that competitive battling "takes the fun away from Pokemon Online". If you don't like competitive battling, then there's no reason to enter tournaments. Competitive battling takes planning, and isn't simply about which Pokemon are "best" and which Pokemon "suck". Pokemon is about team synergy and what Pokemon can be used to cover another's weaknesses. Also, lol @ saying that people have too much time on their hands for researching a video game... like you'd know anything about their personal lives. People research stuff because they're curious, not because they have "too much time on their hands". It's human nature.


Last edited by HitoshirezuJamal on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 22
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  SilverShiningMoon on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:24 am

@BDT Lol Umm I've done one of those PO Tourney's they hosted and got into the fourth set. I mean Jamal did answer your question. It's researched since many people play. Like COD I mean they have rule-set played competively. (Off-topic in a way)
avatar
SilverShiningMoon
Master
Master

Posts : 353
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 18
Location : United States

http://www.youtube.com/user/pokehelper123

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 am

Team synergy? I think that tells me a lot about the "competitive" battlers. So no point in arguing then. End of convo.... yo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 am

I have no idea what you're trying to imply, but if you're saying that people try to pick the "best" Pokemon just to use them, then you're wrong. If you use the wrong combination of Pokemon, people are going to find holes in your team and exploit them. A well-balanced team can easily help you out.

Anyway, yes, this better be the end of the conversation, because my patience has been running thin from you wasting my time, and you've derailed the thread entirely. This is your first warning, and because of that, I have raised your warning level. I will infract you again if you get smart with me.

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 22
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 pm

elite tournament coming 2000never

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 am

*snickers* derailed. And allow me to give you a fair warning: you can't puish a peep for having an opinion without some kind of consequence. Especially when that peep is a Destroyer

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

destroyer? ur acting mor like a faggt right now

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:53 am

Tyrone89 wrote:destroyer? ur acting mor like a faggt right now
So you're saying anyone with an opinion is a faggt? Learn to spell btw. I'd say you're being ignorant, but you're not too important to me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 am

Already said this in one thread, but seriously, keep the language clean here. That means no variations of "faggt." Consider that a warning. I see it again, and that will be a legit infraction.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  HitoshirezuJamal on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:48 am

DestroyerBDT17 wrote:*snickers* derailed. And allow me to give you a fair warning: you can't puish a peep for having an opinion without some kind of consequence. Especially when that peep is a Destroyer

Oh, I'm SOOOOOOO scared of the Destroyers. Allow me to give you a fair warning; your posts have contributed nothing to the topic and fall under the category of "flame-bait", which is a violation of the rules, not just an opinion. That's another infraction for threatening me as well, bro. If you want, you can end the discussion now. Your infractions will disappear over time (provided you don't do something to warrant more) and we'll all be happy.

_________________
The Dakomeister says:
Is Tyson like the MLK of hacking now?


Intelligence Tests
avatar
HitoshirezuJamal
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 742
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 22
Location : Lanham, Maryland

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitoshirezuJamal

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 am

I am enjoying my ban.


Last edited by HitoshirezuJamal on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Never disrespect authority on the forums.)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Relyt on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:45 am

Okay, just gonna put an end to this now.

All I've read these last few posts were nothing but one giant argument, and, honestly, I'm getting sick of reading it.

I've seen flaming, complaining, "threatening", mockery, etc. and it's all looking pretty childish to me and possibly to anyone else reading this thread at the moment.

With that being said, whether I get permission or not, I am locking this thread to end the dang argument once and for all.
avatar
Relyt
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 937
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 23
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyking1224

Back to top Go down

Re: Elite Tournament: A Hacker Community Pokemon Online Tournament! (7/8/12)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum